Sleeping bag accommodation, Farm Holidays, Restaurants
to Sámur Bóndi Guesthouse at Aðalból farm in Hrafnkelsdalur valley, Iceland.
Hrafnkelsdalur valley, home of the farm Aðalból, is a scarcely populated glen haven, south of valley Jökuldalur and Iceland´s principal highway, some 400 metres above sea level, Aðalból is one of the most
inland farms in the entire country; a well-known historical site through the
renowned "Saga of chieftain Hrafnkell". The lay of the land and many other features still
appear as they did in the saga, which occurred over a thousand years
ago. No other farm is in sight, and many have never experienced as much tranquillity as here.
The following are some of your options at or near Sámur Bóndi
Guesthouse. You can:
- stay at the campsite
- get accommodation with or without breakfast, w. made-up
bed or using your own sleeping bag
- buy fuel and other essential travel supplies.
- walk along the marked trail which Hrafnkell's enemies followed in order to assail him.
- visit Sænautasel, a faithfully restaured turf museum depicting the layout of local backwater dwellings until the early twentieth century.
- visit Klaustursel farm, the home of tamed reindeers and other wild animal species. Local workshop handcrafts on offer.
- Try your luck at reindeer-, goose- or ptarmigan- hunting
- obtain a guide for reindeer- hunting.
Travelling to Aðalból
There are year-round, daily flights from Reykjavík to the nearby airport
at Egilsstaðir, also within reach of direct flights from
Copenhagen, Denmark. Car rental at the airport.
For further information:
Sámur Bóndi ehf.
Please contact for prices and booking information.